Current Address Permanent Address
7b, Creston Cresent, N.W. Apt. Blk. 312, Ang Mo Kio
Calgary, Alberta Ave. 3, #15-2102
Canada T2M 4J9 Singapore 2056
H: (403)-289-5909 H: (65)-456-3102
A challenging position, utilizing abilities developed through my experience and education, with the opportunty for professional growth based on performance.
M.Sc. in electrical engineering with a broad knowledge of digital signal processing from normal 1D signal to multi-dimensional signal and specializing in image compression.
Master of Science in
University of Calgary,
Sep. 93 - Jun. 96 (expected).
- A member of the
Micronet MD-DSP research group of Canada;
- Researched in processing of multi-dimensional signals;
- Developed a novel 1D compression technique for digital images.
Bachelor of Science with
in Electrical Engineering (minor in Computer Engineering),
University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Sep. 89 - Apr. 93.
Gold Medal from Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists
and Geophysicists in Alberta;
- Dean's List
in 1990, 1991, 1992, and 1993;
- Trajan and Florica Nitescu Scholarship in 1991 and 1992;
- UMA Group Scholarship in 1990;
- University of Calgary Undergraduate Merit Award in 1990, 1991, and 1992.
NovAtel Communication Ltd, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Engineer-in-training May 93 - Aug. 93
Summer student May 92 - Aug. 92
- Worked in the Advanced Digital Signal Processing Department as
research assistant and was solely responsible for prototyping a
Delta-Sigma A/D converter;
- Researched on the implementation of the converter using
- Analysed and simulated the discrete component implementation on
mixed domain software;
- Prototyped the A/D converter using off-the-shelf discrete components.
- Analysed the design of a Delta-Sigma A/D converter with a bandpass
- Investigated the performance of the design using ComDisco SPW software;
- Optimized its structure to suit the specifications for a wireless
Singapore Armed Forces, Singapore.
Platoon Sergeant Mar. 87 - Aug. 89
- Served as an instructor in the School of Basic Military Training;
- Instructed new recruits in the basic military skills, from drills to
combat, from physical training to weapon handling.
Skills and Knowledge
- Programmed extensively in both C and C++;
- Versed with object-oriented design;
- Accustomed with the operation and environment of workstations and
- Familiar with common operating systems and interfaces, Unix, DOS,
NEXTSTEP, Xwindow, and MS Window.
- Strong background in multi-dimensional signal processing, which
covers from 1D digital signals to video sequences;
- Studied neural networks during the course of my study;
- Have a strong intuition regarding the structure of systems.
- Fluent in both English and Chinese;
- Strong analytical skill and comfortable with mathematical modelling of
- Capable of working individually or in a team;
- Excellent organisation skills.
Activities and Interests
- Volunteered in Festival Hong Kong `92, Calgary;
International Student Centre in University of Calgary
during the acedemic year of 93-94.
- Especially interested in high fidelity audio reproduction;
- Interests includes all rackets games and winter sports;
- Travelled to several countries throughout North America and Western
- Available upon request.